MedSoft offers a multitude of reports to help you analyze your clinic’s performance. One such report is the Transaction Totals report.
This report, available to Admin users only, displays Charges, Adjustments, Insurance Payments, Patient Payments, and the Remaining Balance within a specific timeframe. Prior to running the report, users have the option to select which Therapists they would like to see included on the report. All Active Therapists will display as an option in the Filter box.
If running the report with more than one Therapist, users will see totals on the report differentiated by Therapist.
Charges – Charges are the amounts billed out for billing codes associated with a visit. Billing codes are added to a visit automatically when a Therapist selects them in their documentation process. Charge amounts can be edited, if needed, prior to completing the billing process. Charge amounts can be modified by Admin users of the clinic as needed under the Admin -> Charges screen.
Adjustments – Adjustments are made in the Finance window when Applying Payments. Adjustment reasons can be added in the same window for reporting purposes.
Insurance Payments – Insurance payments are payments that were made applied from a MedSoft payment marked as “Insurance” type.
Patient Payments – Patient payments are payments that were made applied from a MedSoft payment marked as “Patient” type.
Balance – The Balance column shows any remaining balance. This is calculated by subtracting Adjustments, Insurance Payments, and Patient Payments from the original Charge. Balances are funds that still remain uncollected, or are funds that have been collected but have not yet been applied to the charge.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- I made an adjustment to a charge that occurred several weeks ago. Will it show up on this report?
- The Date of Service is the driving date on this report. The date range you select prior to running the report is a date range for Dates of Service. Any adjustments or payments made at any point in time that are linked to a Date of Service within your report timeframe will show up on the report.
- Patient appointment is Oct 30.
- Therapist Documentation of the visit is completed Nov 5. **Charges will now show up on the report, as long as Oct 30 is within your report time range**
- Insurance Payment is received and added to MedSoft on Nov 26. **Payment will now show up on the report, as long as Oct 30 is within your report time range**
- Billing is processed on Nov 27, with an adjustment made. **Adjustment will now show up on the report, as long as Oct 30 is within your report time range**
- Why is a therapist showing up on this report who no longer works here?
- Any therapist with charges, adjustments, or payments reflected in the requested dates of the report will show up on the report when the “Select All” option is selected. This means that, if you are running a report on January 1 for the past year, you will see all therapists with charges/adjustments/payments in the past year, regardless of whether they are still active employees at the time the report is executed.