When MedSoft updates are made, you’ll frequently hear the recommendation to Refresh a particular screen, or to “clear your cache” in your web browser. We know you probably get sick of hearing it. Here’s the skinny behind what’s going on:
On occasion, the Refresh is not going to quite fix things. In this case, and especially if you haven’t done it recently, it’s time to Clear Your Cache. This may sound intimidating, but it’s a quick process. We’ve outlined steps below for how to do so in both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Clearing Your Cache in Firefox
1. Open the Firefox menu, often found in the top right corner of your browser:
2. Click on “Options”
Clearing Your Browser in Internet Explorer
1. Open the “Tools” menu in Internet Explorer, often found in the top right corner of your browser.
2. Select “Internet Options”
3. On the “General” tab, select the “Delete” button, found under “Browsing History.”
4. Ensure that the boxes are checked next to “Preserve Favorites website data,” “Temporary Internet files and website files,” and “Cookies and website data.” Then click “Delete.”